Entrepreneurs Forever (eforever) is a fast-growing non-profit with the purpose to equalize economic opportunity by connecting entrepreneurs with the people and skills they need to succeed. We accomplish this by creating community-based peer-to-peer groups of entrepreneurs/small business owners who form enduring bonds while learning all the business knowledge required to grow a successful business.
The Community Director is responsible for meeting new recruitment goals, growing and retaining members, supporting fundraising efforts as well as translating the mission and vision into actionable objectives, to include:
- Serving as the primary resource for small business owners to join peer-to-peer groups in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Providing exceptional and compassionate interactions to qualified prospective members.
- Communicating the needs and challenges our small business owner members face with the facilitators of our peer-to-peer groups.
- Collaborating with and acting as a resource for other referral partner organizations, providers and professionals locally and nationally.
- Exhibiting and embracing the highest ethical standards.
- Building an environment which is non-judgemental, confidential and inclusive.
- We believe in YOU: the eforever entrepreneur and employee.
- We believe you thrive in COMMUNITY.
- We believe learning INSPIRES confidence and success.
- We believe TRUST is imperative.
- We believe in significant, measurable IMPACT.
- Recruit qualified prospective small business owners into peer-to-peer groups.
- Work collaboratively with the Director(s) of Recruiting to identify and execute the prescribed system for on-going outreach to prospects.
- Consistently achieve weekly activity goals associated with the prospective member qualification process.
- Identify and develop lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with appropriate Centers of Influence and Referral Partners within all communities we serve.
- Schedule meetings and presentations to educate, explain and ask for referrals of prospective qualified members.
- Work collaboratively with the eforever headquarters Program Director to learn, implement and manage the specified program processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of effective meeting agendas, send meeting reminders, coordinate and prep meeting venues, prepare and print meeting materials.
- Maintain communication with Peer Groups and individual members between meetings.
- Collect data and submit reports in a timely manner to eforever headquarters.
- Actively support fundraising efforts including preparing Entrepreneurs Forever Program materials and participating in prospective donor meetings.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- History of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict management, active listening, and networking expertise.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with CRM systems, Trello, Slack and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines and platforms, including verbal, written and public speaking.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to educate, influence, negotiate and persuade stakeholders and collaborators.
- Proven track record of success in organization, prioritization and execution of internal processes for successfully growing and retaining members.
- Temperament for, and comfort with, fundraising outreach.
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills with internal and partner staff.
- A commitment to the eforever mission: supporting small business owners to improve their businesses.
We seek candidates with an educational background in line with the demands of the position. A candidate who is familiar with economic development or small business ownership is preferred.
The Community Director will be required to complete skills & work style assessments prior to employment.
Location: This position is primarily work from home and required time in the office located at Community Forge, 1256 Franklin Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221. Hours are typically 8:30am -5:30pm, Monday – Friday, but attendance at evening and weekend events is sometimes required, and your hours may be adjusted accordingly.
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000.00 per year, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Medical, Vision, Dental, SIMPLE IRA, PTO and Short Term Disability.